How to learn English fast and never forget it?
School of Language International is a language school for adult learners as well as young learners. Many of our adult English learners have come to us and asked the same question again and again ‘how to learn English fast and never forget it’.
Here are the basic keys to learn English fast
1.Learn pronunciation first
In the course of mastering the sounds of English language, our ears become attuned to those sounds, making vocabulary acquisition, listening comprehension, and speaking come much more quickly.
2. Don’t translate
It is an essential step in learning how to think in a foreign language. Otherwise, you are practicing translation instead of speaking. Furthermore it will make English language learning impossible.
3. Use spaced repetition systems (SRSs)
SRSs are flash cards on steroids. Based upon your input, they create a custom study plan that drives information deep into your long-term memory.
Gabriel Wyner, the author of ‘Fluent Forever’ recommends the following essential steps in learning English faster.
- Use spaced repetition (At SLI, our teachers provide regular lesson revision to help students remember the key skills).
- A dictionary with pronunciation guide ( At SLI, all our course books come with pronunciation guide to enhance learning).
- English classes with experienced and qualified teachers (At SLI, all our teachers are qualified and experienced ESL trainers)
- Don’t review. Recall: acts of recall set off an intricate chemical dance in your brain that boosts memory retention (Our teachers provide online and offline homework to help our students recall what they have learned).
- Rewrite the past: the rewriting process is the engine behind long-term memorization (At SLI, this is done regularly)
- Boost meaning through personal connection: making your words more memorable by creating a link between each difficult word and your own experiences (This is done in every class at SLI).
There are many brilliant books and apps available to help you remember better. However if you have no time to search for more resources, our team of professional English language teachers can help you!